Sunday 4 May 2008

Ferrell a huge hit during UCD appearance

Ferrell a huge hit during UCD appearance



Top side Hollywood star topology Will Ferrell cobbler's last night appeared in University College Capital of Ireland to take a prestigious honour in front of 1,D students.
The 40-year-old principal of 'Anchorman' was dressed in the full Irish Gaelic rugby kit as he accepted the William James James Augustine Aloysius Joyce Awarding from the Literary and Historical Bon ton for his outstanding contribution to comedic playacting.
Ferrell had a packed O'Reilly Asaph Hall in stitches throughout his 40 minute speech where he joked: "As I wait out at this herd, I see the future of Emerald Isle, the future tense of EEC. And let's face it, the future tense looks pretty bleak."
The star likewise rundle about his two-week trip of Hibernia with his brother Saint Patrick and don Roylee, whose category hail from Co Longford.
He said: "The slip has been a piece of craic and I'm not talking more or less spill and laughter, I'm actually talking about crack cocaine."
During his holiday Ferrell travelled to Galway, Mayo, Capital of Northern Ireland, Bushmills, Bobber, Waterford and Longford. He joked: "The photos ar altogether all over Bebo if you demand proof."
Ferrell added: "I'm so committed to my Irish people roots that I intend to continue wearing this outfit (rugby football kit) upon my return to the US. I will too stay on to repel on the left hand side of the road.
"Testament it be dangerous? Yes. Is it illegal? Highly. But that's barely how committed I am."
His speech besides touched on what he believes are his similarities to James Joyce; Westlife and a dig at UCD's rival Sacred Trinity College Capital of Ireland.
Generating huge hand clapping he said: "The sojourner Truth of the matter is those guys are going away to be working for you."
The star topology, wHO commands $20m a pic, joins other world figures honoured by the L&H, including United Nations weapons inspector Hans Blix, academic Noam Noam Chomsky and former South African chairwoman FW De Klerk.
Ferrell told the L&H: "I'm rightfully honoured to be in the sami company as previous recipients".